Taking the Stress Out of Window Replacement
The time has arrived to replace your damaged, outdated, or poorly-fitting windows. But you’re dreading the thought of starting such a major project; will it really be stressful? How does the replacement window installation procedure work?
Understanding the Process
The intensity of the replacement process depends on whether you’re replacing your original windows with replacement windows of the same size and style or if you’ll be remodeling the entire frame to change the design or size.
There are two primary methods of installing replacement windows: pocket installation and full-frame installation. Let’s take a look at both methods in detail.
Pocket installation is the simpler of the two primary methods for installing your replacement windows. This process of installing windows is done within an existing window frame. The replacement window is slid into position in the current frame, rather than stripping out the entire unit and reconstructing it.
Here’s what you can expect with pocket window installation:
- After protecting any of your household belongings that may be damaged during the process, our window expert will remove the existing window along with any damaged material in the frame.
- The replacement window is set in place, sealed, caulked, and insulated both inside and out.
- The installer will clean the area of debris and inspect your newly replaced window.
Full-frame window installation is what it sounds like: the total replacement of a window, including the frame. This is the more complicated approach to window replacement. Full-frame installation may be necessary if the frame is rotting or if you are totally changing the design or size of your windows.
Here’s a quick rundown of the process of full-frame window replacement:
- After covering any nearby furniture, our window expert will remove the entire window and frame and seal the opening on all sides.
- The replacement window will be sized, fitted, and sealed into place.
- The window professional will replace the exterior frame, clean the debris, and inspect the work.
Contact Desert King Windows for Your Window Replacement Needs
At Desert King Windows, we want you to be excited about your new windows, not stressed—we understand the importance of your window installation project. We are available to assist you in your selections, taking great pride in our customer service. In the Phoenix area, call us at 480-785-3923 or use our Contact form at www.desertkingwindows.com to learn more about our available options and how we can help you select the perfect windows. We proudly serve clients in Phoenix, Tucson, and Las Vegas.
Desert King Windows – We Knock Out the Weather!