When to Get Replacement Windows
We get it. You’re inclined to put off getting replacement windows due to the cost and effort required. But could you also be putting off energy savings and avoiding major problems down the road? How can you tell when it’s time for replacement windows? Let’s discuss some tell-tale signs that replacement windows are needed and why getting rid of those old, deteriorating windows is the best choice.
How to Know When It’s Time to Get Replacement Windows
There are several different factors and signs that indicate it’s time to replace your windows, including:
- You find it difficult to open, close, and lock the windows. Windows that have been improperly installed suffer balancing concerns, making it difficult to open and close them. Rusted or decaying windows might sometimes be hard to operate. If your windows don’t close correctly, you won’t be able to lock them, jeopardizing your home’s security.
- Your windows are closed, but you still notice a draft. There might be various problems, like improper installation or faulty seals. Airflow from your windows may substantially alter the temperature of your house, forcing your heating and air system to work extra hard to keep up.
- There’s a lot of noise coming from outside. Your windows may not be adequately sealed or are poorly designed if they don’t provide an effective barrier from noise. You can reduce outdoor noise by replacing your windows with double- or triple-pane windows insulated with an inert gas.
- You have cracked or water-damaged window frames. Water intrusion and decay can occur if your window frames become soft. Your window frames are likely beyond repair if they’re delicate to the touch and damaged. Replacing them will be your best bet.
- Condensation has formed between the layers of glass, or the window glass itself has been damaged. If you discover condensation between the panes of glass in your windows, it indicates your seals have deteriorated, enabling moisture to get in. Air can quickly seep in and out of your window if your window glass is cracked.
What Are the Advantages of Replacing Old Windows?
If your energy costs seem to be rising, your windows may not be working correctly. Installing energy-efficient replacement windows will help you save money in the long run by lowering your heating and cooling expenses. You can also be more comfortable in your home knowing that your windows are doing their job. Broken windows are a safety concern and an eyesore. So, you can feel better and safer having new, attractive replacement windows installed.
Make an Appointment with Desert King Windows
Getting replacement windows may not seem important at first, but you may be more motivated when you consider the benefits to your comfort and wallet. We are available to assist you in your selections, taking great pride in our customer service. In the Phoenix area, call us at 480-785-3923 or use our Contact form at www.desertkingwindows.com to learn more about our available options and how we can help you select the perfect windows. We proudly serve clients in Phoenix, Tucson, and Las Vegas.
Desert King Windows – We Knock Out the Weather!